1.1 Talksuicide.ca Website
We provide this Site to support the mission of Talk Suicide Canada. To that end, we provide information to the public and professionals that is accessible, current at the time of posting and reliable; however, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, and including without limitation any implied representations or warranties of merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose, or the accuracy, quality, completeness, timeliness, appropriateness or sustainability of the Content (as defined below). We assume no obligation to update the Content or advise on further developments concerning the topics mentioned in the Content. You acknowledge that the Site, the Content, and each website service are provided on an “AS IS” basis; and that any use of or reliance on this Site or any Content shall be at your sole risk.
1.2 Not Medical Advice
The Contents of the Site are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. You should always seek the immediate or timely advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. You should never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read or seen on the Site, including the Content as described above.
1.3 Not Emergency Care
The Site is not for emergency help.
If your life is in danger, please call 911 right away or go to your nearest emergency department.
1.4 Ownership and Permitted Use
Unless otherwise specified on the Site, the Site, its content and materials, including but not limited to any postings, messages, text, graphics, images, and other material contained on the Site (the “Content“) and all associated copyright is jointly owned by the Service Collaborators and is protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. Your use of the Site does not transfer to you any ownership or other rights in the Site or its Content. Users of the Site are granted a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to use (display or print) the Content for lawful, personal, non-commercial use only, provided the Content is not modified, and all copyright and other proprietary notices are retained. You may not otherwise copy, publish, reproduce, modify, upload, post, transmit or distribute any of the Content in any manner or form without the prior consent of an authorized representative of the Service Collaborators. . Certain words, phrases, names, designs or logos used on the Site may constitute trademarks, service marks or trade names of the Service Collaborators or other entities. No rights are granted to Users of this Site in or to such trademarks, service marks or trade names.
“Use” of the Site collectively includes:
- visiting or using the Site including without limitation to use, access, or download, text, data, images, PDFs, videos, learning modules, newsletters, articles, illustrations, animations, games, views, opinions or other materials, including materials submitted by you or other Users; and/or
- visiting or using the Site including without limitation to submit, post or upload your images, text, data, illustrations, animations or other Submitted Content to the Site.
1.5 User Conduct
You acknowledge that all information, text, images, audio, video, designs, names, logos, trademarks, data, code or other information, material or content submitted by any User including yourself, whether publicly or privately posted, emailed, transmitted, uploaded or otherwise submitted to us via this Site or one of our social media channels (collectively the “Submitted Content”) is the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated. You acknowledge and agree that you are entirely responsible for all of your Submitted Content that you post, email, transmit, upload or otherwise submit via this Site including without limitation the accuracy of the Submitted Content. We do not control the Submitted Content posted via the Site and, as such, do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Submitted Content. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any loss, damage or injury related to, or arising as a result of, any use of any Submitted Content, including but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Submitted Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Submitted Content posted, e-mailed, transmitted, uploaded or otherwise submitted to the Site.
Please be aware that what is posted online can remain online for many years to come. We may use public comments posted on the Site or otherwise posted on Talk Suicide Canada’s public social media pages. We encourage you to exercise caution when speaking about your medical condition. Unless otherwise requested as part of the Site, please do not disclose personal information such as medical records, your location, financial information, etc.
The views and opinions expressed on Talk Suicide Canada’s social media pages reflect the thoughts of the online users and not necessarily those of the Service Collaborators.
You agree not to post, email, transmit, upload or otherwise submit any Submitted Content that:
- is offensive as determined by the Service Collaborators, in our sole discretion, including, without limitation, content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of or harm to another person;
- involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters”, or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming”;
- promotes information that is false, misleading, illegal or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party including, without limitation, promoting an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- displays pornographic or sexually explicit material of any kind;
- provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18;
- provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
- you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information);
- engages in commercial activities and/or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes, without our prior written consent; and
- contains or will contain any disabling mechanism or protection feature designed to prevent its use, including any clock, timer, counter, computer virus, worm, software lock, drop dead device, Trojan horse routine, trap door, time bomb or any other codes, designs, routines or instructions that may be used to access, modify, replicate, distort, delete, damage or disable the Content, any Services or this Site and any world wide web pages or any operating system software or hardware on which such Content, Service or Site is operated or displayed except as specifically designed into the Content.
We shall have the right to remove any Submitted Content that violates the above terms and conditions or is otherwise objectionable, in our sole and unfettered discretion. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. You acknowledge and agree that we may preserve Content and may also disclose Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, enforce these Terms, respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties, or protect our rights, property, or personal safety and those of our Users and/or the public.
This Site may contain links to other websites that are not under the ownership or operation of the Service Collaborators for Talk Suicide Canada. We do not control, recommend or endorse and are not responsible for these sites or their content, products, services or privacy policies. If you use these sites, you do so at your own risk. Downloading material from certain sites may risk infringing intellectual property rights or introducing viruses into your computer system. You should take notice when you leave this Site and read the privacy policies and terms of these other sites. You should also independently assess the authenticity of any website which appears or claims that it is one of our sites (including those linked to through an email).
Inaccurate or incomplete copies of information, which are on this Site, could be produced as a result of internet difficulties, transmissions issues or technical issues. Viruses on a User’s computer and/or other potentially destructive programs could be downloaded from the Site inadvertently by a User.
The Service Collaborators shall not be responsible or liable for any destructive/harmful software or computer viruses that may infect or impact a User’s use of their computer equipment or other property as a result of the User’s access to or use of this Site or as a result of a User downloading any Content from this Site. The Service Collaborators recommend that you install appropriate anti-virus or other protective software.
The following information addresses privacy as it relates to Users of the Site.
Talk Suicide Canada is a joint initiative, and each Service Collaborator is committed to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality and security of all individuals who use the “Site.” We value your trust and understand that this requires that we be transparent and accountable about how we handle the information you choose to share with us. We do not trade, rent or sell the information of our Site Users.
2.1 Information submitted to CAMH
Information submitted via this Site under the following headings will be directed to the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health:
- Feedback about the Site
- Media enquiries
- Requests for information
2.2 Information submitted to Crisis Services Canada
Information submitted via this Site under the following headings will be directed to Crisis Services Canada:
- Volunteer applications
- Feedback about service
- General enquiries
3. Limitation of Liability
You will abide by all policies for the Site, as well as all applicable laws (including provincial and federal laws of Canada); You will limit the Service Collaborators’ liability by agreeing that the Service Collaborators will not be responsible for any specific level of service, but, rather will provide service on an “as is, where is” basis; and You acknowledge that the Service Collaborators may suspend provision of the Site without prior notice.
This is a Canadian Site and its content is intended for Canadian residents only. The laws of the Province of Ontario shall govern this agreement and any dispute or claim based on your use of the Site or the Submitted Content and Content. You agree that any action or proceeding related to this agreement or your use of the Site shall only be brought by you in the courts of the Province of Ontario.